Since Judge Beckloff’s move to Santa Monica earlier this year, the documents are no longer scanned and added to the online documents system. Betty Brynes graciously agreed to go and get the documents. We wouldn’t have this information if it wasn’t for her. I’m grateful for all her help. In this post I’ll do an update about Safechuck case and I’ll do a separate post about the Robson case. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to miss it.
The last information we had about Safechuck cases are as follows:
- - In September 2015, Judge dismissed Safechuck’s probate claim against MJ Estate.
- - In June 2015, Judge reviewed filings and allowed the start of Safechuck’s civil case against MJ Companies.
- - In July 2015, Safechuck have filed his civil complaint. Then amended his complaint in October 2015
- - In December 2015, Estate have filed their demurrer against Safechuck civil case.
- - A hearing on the demurrer motion was set for March, 2016.
I can now report that Judge Beckloff ruled on the demurrer on August 23rd, 2016 – just 10 days ago.